Monday, May 2, 2011

Un-news and other ramblings

My great announcement for the day is that I wrote the words "The End" on a manuscript! Yes, actually at the end of it. And yes, I'm actually done. For today. With the first draft.

This is a (PG-rated) fantasy romance novella that I intended to write as a short story. 10,000 words "blossomed" into 31,000, and the side project that I thought would be done in December ended in May. Assuming that what is written down resembles the story in my head, I'm quite happy with it. I think I'll wait a week or two before I read through it to see what I really wrote.

In other, more exciting happenings, I have read two more books. The latest Robert Jordan/Brandon Sanderson, Towers of Midnight, was excellent. At one point my husband actually pouted at me for reading. "You like it more than me," he said. Not quite. But I think I met Rand, Mat and Perrin about the same time I met my husband, and I see hubby a lot more often...

I also plowed through Julia Quinn's What Happens in London in about 2 days, laughing outloud at the dialogue and the situations and sighing like a lovesick schoolgirl at the requisite HEA. Well done, Julia, as always. (See how I say that like I know the woman? Yeah, just because I stood in a really long line at RWA nationals last year for a signed copy of it...)

No comments: