Monday, August 18, 2008

Its research, I swear...

Ok, so I've been reading instead of writing.

At least one of the books I'm reading is about writing. That counts, right? I won a copy of the Complete Idiot's Guide to Writing Erotic Romance from Alison Kent (the author)'s blog a couple of weeks ago. No, it's not all body parts and sex toys. Yet. I'm only on chapter 4.

As a book on writing, especially writing romances, it's pretty good. There aren't any magic formulas or strange diagrams to force you to lay out your plot like some sort of paint-by-number (*shudder*...I'm a pantser, you know....). But its got organized sections with plenty of things to think about for planning (yikes) and staging a novel.

So, it's research. And I added a few words tonight. I did a little revision, too, so there was slightly more progress than the wordcount shows.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to be careful when I start reading a book because then all I do is read! Everything else falls by the wayside until I finish. Yay on adding some words and revising! And I definitely think you should keep researching. ;)

Amanda said...

Oh, I'll trade you my Joy of Writing Sex for your Complete Idiot's Guide to Writing Erotic Romance. Not for keepsies of course. :)

BriteLady said...

Hmmm...think we already have that one >:). I'll be happy to loan you the writing book once I'm finished, though.