Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wednesday Progress

I broke 30k words this afternoon, and there's a slim possibility that I can give it another go before bed. I had a few extra hours off work, thanks to the holiday. I usually work 3 days a week, and then would get an extra 4 hours of pay for Thursday and Friday each...instead of extra pay, I opted for an afternoon off with pre-paid babysitting. I'm still "behind" the curve, but I am making progress. Last night I finished a section that had taken me 3 days to work on, and did a big NaNo NoNo and edited part of it in the process, so I "lost" words before adding more. But I had been stuck on how to get from point A to point B and ended up having to backtrack and remove an extra character from the scene earlier than I originally thought. The end result worked much better.

Anyway, I now have a small excerpt on my NaNo page (I'm britelord, in case anyone who doesn't already know cares) also. Very, very small. But it was a piece that could stand alone as a sort of teaser :)

I still haven't figured out what part of my blog template makes the progress bar look funny, but here's another one. I'm off to retrieve my munchkins from daycare, and start working on Thanksgiving pies!

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
30,268 / 50,000
(60.5%)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

To add it to mine I always go to edit html. I never had any issues with it. [shrug]. Good job on the word count.