Sunday, November 7, 2010

#NaNoWriMo Update

4127 Words. That's my total wordcount, not today's total. Sucky, I know.

Statistically, I should be over 10,000 by now. But according to my spreadsheet, I only have about 2000 a day from now till the end to make up for lost time.

This past week was rough, so we'll see how the rest of the month goes. Monday was perfect. Tuesday I wrote nothing as I was preparing for critique group Wednesday night, and Wednesday was out also. Thursday and Friday I managed to lose any hope of writing time due to annoyances with work (and meetings that get scheduled when I'm supposed to have already left for the day, and kids tumbling classes that get cancelled at the last minute and take over my writing time).

I hope I don't whine with every NaNo post, but its a common theme for me lately :) I tend to fit my writing into the crumbs and crusts left behind after my day job and my kids have eaten their fill of me. And it seems that everyone has been hungrier than usual.

I still have hope. If I manage to write every night before bed, and do better about sneaking away on a weekend, and actually get a day off (or at least a few hours) when I'm due one, then I ought to be able to catch up.

Goodness knows I have enough story queued up behind these fingerprints bursting to come out.

And now, off to bed.

No comments: