Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The last word on NaNo (for now)

I almost forgot: I (somehow) did NaNo without a single visit to Starbucks. Not my intention at all, really.

I did have one cup of Starbucks coffee before the November MORWA meeting, but it was Starbucks from a Barnes and Noble, and I spent my meager 20 minutes of "writing time" ordering a new battery for my laptop (as the old one was dead dead dead). And I know I had one peppermint mocha, but it wasn't related to writing.

I don't know if this is a good trend or bad. A little sugar buzz would probably have helped some nights, but I relied on Halloween candy for that (the kids are now out of all cinnamon-flavored hard candies). What it did mean is that I didn't manage to flex any time at work to leave early and write in the afternoon. I missed that.

And now, a peppermint mocha sounds really good.

No comments: