Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Apparently my laptop is incapable of ripping CD's and running Word at the same time. I've been trying to do a little writing this morning (extra day off work!) before heading to my kid's daycare for their Thanksgiving lunch (which is, annoyingly, a traditional turkey dinner...why couldn't they serve tacos or something different!).

I'm still loading my iPod. We don't have that extensive of a music collection, and I think I'd only managed to rip about half of it before I stopped last spring. Today, I've got the box of Christmas CD's (proably 20 of them...). Except that the cd player or iTunes keeps Word from responding. I type fast, and it's frustrating to lose 6 out of every 20 letters that I type because the computer was just too darned slow to follow me :P

So much for doubling upon my word count today. Still, I ought to have some time after lunch (I'm leaving the kids there...they have nap time right after lunch anyway...why not let them nap there and then pick them up). Maybe I can at least get in my 2000 words so I don't have to stay up all night after making roll dough, pies, and starting to brine the turkey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Microsoft office programs are notorious memory hogs... I hate them...