Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Angst

I haven't posted much because I haven't written much in over a week. I've been dragging my feet, and I think one of them is stuck in the mud somewhere behind me...

We've also been just plain busy, with a stomach flu, albeit a mild one, running through all 4 of us over the past week. But Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I Love You, Tomorrow, I should have a few precious (and kid-free) late-afternoon hours to myself. Assuming I don't order a few yards of mulch to be delivered instead...

I haven't done any more clean up on Chivalrous for the GH yet. It's on the to-do list. And I have more scenes for Accomplice running through my head. And, I have a big decision to make about NaNoWriMo. Yikes, it's coming up quick.

I did it last year--and hammered out my first "draft" of Chivalrous. Less of a draft and more of a fleshed-out outline really. So this year, I have to choose: do I start something completely new (which follows the rules and the spirit of NaNo), do I just power through Accomplice (I'm aiming for 80-90k words, so there will be easily 50,000 left for me to write), or what? The idea with NaNo is to write 50k words of a brand new work, not to finish an existing one...

Too many ideas. The past couple of days, an idea for a paranormal romance that could easily lend itself to a series has infiltrated my waking hours. I started doing a little shopping around on Amazon, and don't see anything quite like it. So far. And no, I won't share my idea. It sounds like fun, but scary--will be a sort of urban fantasy/paranormal where a lot of the action (in my initial book anyway) will be set in contemporary USA. But there's some serious world-building that I need to do, including some language development, etc. Frightening.

And did I mention the other half-dozen or so project ideas I have? Two womens' lit stories, a completely different paranormal, a couple of other flat out contemporaries...

This is why I hate election year. Yes, there's a segue here. I don't do well with too many choices, or too much time to decide. I waffle. I waver. I overthink everything. Much better to just jump first and then check for a parachute.

No comments: