Sunday, November 4, 2007

4 days down.

So far, I'm doing well. Something like 6800 words, which is 13.6% of the goal in 13.3% of the allotted time. Who knows if I'll be able to keep this up. Maybe if the kids adjust to an earlier bedtime with daylight savings time.

So far I've got a draft of the opening scene where my protagonists (or maybe I should call them victims) meet, and a good portion of the next chapter where you start learning some background on them. I have ideas for a couple of the secondary characters, including a friend/mentor of hte heroine, the current (soon to be ex-) fiance of the hero, and some other more tertiary ones. I have an idea for one of the wrap-up scenes, where the heroine finds out about her hero's breakup from the fiance. I haven't figured out how to tie the two together for the great finale yet though. I also haven't decided how far to go with the characters, or rather how far they will go with each other. I've written one kiss so far, but it's more tension-steamy and is interrupted rather quickly. I guess I'll have to wait and see how things develop. I've never tried to write a sex scene before...never tried to write much of this at all actually. In re-reading enough of each section to know how to continue, I don't think it's that bad. Could definitely use editing though (I know, December is for editing). I really hope I can finish this at this point--even if no one ever reads it, I want to get the whole thing down. And out of my head.

Hmmm...next procrastination tactic: find a word counting gadget for this page :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

NaNo put up their word widgets, but I like http://www.zokutou.co.uk/wordmeter/ There's another one that I mention in my blog somewhere but I didn't like it as much.